1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

pink screen

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tilly46, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tilly46

tilly46 Thread Starter

Today after restarting computer my screen suddenly turned pink and when you start up again you can't go into setup screen anymore. I have a black screen until you get the users page from Windows XP. Do I have a hardware or software problem and what can be done? Thanks for your help. Kris

2. satanicguardian

satanicguardian

the only time ive experienced anythin like tht was when i ahem ripped the ram out of a pc that was switched on, not clever methinks =P but no, its possible hardware, have u changed any components recently?

3. tilly46

tilly46 Thread Starter

Yes I did, I wanted to put a second hard disk but that didn't work. I disconnected the second hard disk again and afterwards my screen turned pink. But PC was turned off. I never change anything when PC is turned on. When I put the second disk I got the message "son system disk" although the original hard disk was my primary disk.Thanks for your time

4. satanicguardian

satanicguardian

does that mean ur sorted now?

5. tilly46

tilly46 Thread Starter

No the problem remains. When I put the second disk I got a change message and went automatiocally in my setup. I saved the changes. But thenI got the "non syustem disk message" so I removed the second disk again. The thing is that I don't get to go to setup anymore. When you start up screen is black and then it turns pink the moment you get your users icons. You don't see the windows starting up etc.

6. satanicguardian

satanicguardian

hmm do you have an on board or pci gfx card?

7. tilly46

tilly46 Thread Starter

pci gfx card

8. satanicguardian

satanicguardian

does mb have a standard vga port, u cud disconnect ur gfx card and use the standard monitor connection, to see if the screen still shows up pink

9. satanicguardian

satanicguardian

if not its the hard drives, u have to make sure ur primary ide cable is going to ur main hdd with its jumpers set to primary, tho im not the best person to ask about hdds, they confused me somewhat

10. tilly46

tilly46 Thread Starter

when i disconnect my gfx card and use the standard monitor connection I have black screen... I think I better go to pc-shop. Txs for trying to help

11. satanicguardian

satanicguardian

ok good luck with that, let us know on the outcome (y)

12. tilly46

tilly46 Thread Starter

Hi,
    My husband forgot to put computer in so tonight I tried again ... problem solved. It was something very stupid ... I had a bad contact between cable and vga-card. Thanks for your advice and trying to help

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!