1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pinnacle pctv audio video lag

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cubcake1, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubcake1

cubcake1 Thread Starter

First: winxp pro sp1 all major and most minor updates
    intel p4 2.8, maxtor 40gig 7200, geforce fx 256mb video newest drivers, audigy sound, dvdrw.

I cannot get pctv audio and video to sync. I have tried moving the card to another pci slot, same problem. I have all the updated software from them and from MS.

I thought it may be the software not playing well with other software so, get this, I reformated my computer, took off all hardware not needed, and only installed the pinnacle software after all updates/ software patches were completed. It acts just as it did with the preformatted pc.

I thought it may be my sound card somehow supplying the lag, but if I listen to the audio out on the tuner card, the same lag is there without passing thru the sound card, so it cant be the sound card.

There are no IRQ conflicts.

Calls to tech support are a test of patience, waits are LONG to talk to anyone, (still not sure anyone is actually answering the phones, and its a toll call).

Card is well seated, card is brand new and showed no physical defect. ALL other software and hardware on my pc work famously.

I find myself to be pretty tech/computer savy, but I dont understand why the sound and vid isnt syncing up.

Any help?

2. kfcott

kfcott

Sorry to say I have nothing helpful to add, but wanted to let you know you're not alone. I have been trying to resolve the audio lag problem for some time (Pinnacle 'people' N/G).

It hasn't been like this since install (couple years?) but only in the last month or so. I currently do NOT have SP2 updated (I will hold off on that as long as possible) and nothing has really changed in my system. Use Spy Sweeper, CWS, Spybot and RegClean. I was thinking maybe something got canned during a sweep?

I too would welcome any responses to this audio lag problem.

Thanks!

Kath

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223840

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice