1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pinning in Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by dgp1939, Nov 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dgp1939

dgp1939 Thread Starter

Using Windows XP, one can move anything on the desktop to the task bar. Why did the brilliant people at Microsoft change this? Using XP, I can pin a new folder to the task bar and then fill it with programs, files, etc. It didn't care. For example, using XP, I have a taskbar icon named MEDIA. When I click on it, a window opens with several icons inside, like Windows Movie Maker, Are Explosion Calendar Maker, Quick Time Player, VLC Media Player and so on.

This can't be easily done using Windows 7. Is there a way I can do this? I really don't need a whole bunch of icons on my taskbar.

Any answers beyond the dumb stuff that comes back on Google Search?

Thanks a bunch

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1112612

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice