1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pioneer DVD wont run a CD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Handyman4u, Oct 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Handyman4u

Handyman4u Thread Starter

I cannot currently get my Pioneer drive to read a CD although it used to previously. Details of my general system are indicated below. When a CD is inserted, all that happens is that the system shows the busy icon and the drive clicks and whirs but nothing happens. It does not matter whether the CD is blank or contains information - just no response. The latest driver is installed.

Intel Core 2 CPU 6300 1.86ghz
    2GB RAM
    Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-112D
    IDE Disk ST3320620AS partitioned into four volumes of about 80gb each
    Running WIndows XP Pro

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

You can run a cleaner thorugh the drive, change the cable and go into device manager and uninstall the dvd player and then reboot to let it reinstall the drive. If none of that fixes it, you probably need a new drive.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643963

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice