Pioneer DVD writer problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mayor Quimby

This never happened before until now, but when i turn to burn data with my dvd writer, its going all crazy. My buffer level jumps from 30 to 100 percent constantly. I cant cancel the burning process. The time prediction when the dvd is gonna be done is way off.

I am trying to back of day of defeat: source so later on, when i format my pc, i dont have to download it again. Its a 3 gig+ file. Thats the great thing about steam, if you download games through them, they give u the option to back it up unlike EA downloader.

The program i am using is Nero, the defualt version which came with my burner. Also, i am guessing is star force which was installed when i installed Rainbow:Six Lockdown because before that, i never had this problem. And the speed i am burning at is only at 4x using the same exact model of dvd+r i did before. This speed gave me no problem before. My pc spec are listed below.

Good Morning Mayor Quimby, I suggest you obtain "Smartcop Free Antivirus" from
http://www.s-cop.com/free-scanner.html
Download it and unpack it to a folder on your C: drive. (eg C:\Smartcop)
This program is a simple little stand-alone no update kind of scanner.
(A bit like a junkyard dog!!)
Switch off your normal antivirus monitor program.
You can then run smartcop by double-clicking the black icon in that folder and completely scan you machine.
It will detect viral signatures, examine them and their addresses and if possible (if they are not vital files) delete them dependent on your command. (Auto delete is a bit vicious!)
Most are usually in temp folders, it is also common to find your A/V system will be infected and compromised. (Smartcop does not appear to have this problem)
Make notes of any virus and addresses detected.

Now reboot and try rerunning smartcop with your normal A/V monitoring (not scanning) so as smartcop examines the machine, the activity monitoring operation of the other A/V will likely detect virus signatures, examine these and act appropriately.

Generally you can keep rebooting and re-scanning and find more with each run.
Sometimes running in "safemode" helps with problem removal and sometimes a different access mode is needed to actually delete and replace certain files.

I am most interested to see what you find!! (Please advise results)
I am amazed at the stuff this method detects, I may be wrong in your case but I doubt it!
Things usually work properly again after this exercise is properly done!!

Cheers, qldit.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online