Pioneer DVr-109 writing Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

isotonic_uk

Hi folks

I have a horrible problem which is doing my tit in.

I just brought a pioneer dvr109. In the Uk this drive has received good reviews so i decided to buy it. I brought an oem version of dabs.com.

Now when i received this it had a fireware already on which was version 1.19 and i looked on pioneers website and there was another firmware update which was 1.40 which was only released in march. so i updated and it hasnt seemed to have sorted problem out.

The DVD rewriting side seems to be fine.

but for cd-rs i am having problems.

I use TDK cdr80 disks which can burn up to 52X. now i know my drive will only burn up to 40X which is fine, but when i used nero, which is version. 6.0.0.20. I can only burn at 4X.

does anyone know why this is.

I thought problems like these sorted them selves out with firmware, but i dont think it has.

I have tried the same brand but with numerious disks and have had no luck. b4 i did the update i was also using infiniti cdr-80 disks on a spindle. and these would burn up to 32X. but since the update these will only burn at 4X.

can anyone help, is there any issue with this drive, is it my nero version?

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Only one tit? ;)

Well can you set the drive in the CD properties to run at a specific speed?

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I think you need to set your drive to become the recorder. If you have two CD-RW drives (or at least two drives with that function) then it will default its tit to that drive.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Actually, I think he has a real problem. I just put one of those drives in this system, and it apparently will only record CD-R media at 4x, just checked it with two different brands! I'll be watching here to see if someone sorts it out! :D

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Actually, it's looking much better! :D I just grabbed Firmware 1.40, and now my drive cooked a CD-R at 32x, which I think is far better than the 4x that it was willing to do before the upgrade! There are cheap no-name CD-R blanks, haven't tried a brand name yet.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Update: Another cheap media still only wants to record at 4x, so it's somewhat picky about it's CD-R media. I don't know if firmware is going to fix that...

isotonic_uk

johnwill, could u post me the site of where u got ur firmware update from. Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online