1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pioneer DVR-112 DVD/CD ROM issue

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by GoldenEye87, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldenEye87

GoldenEye87 Thread Starter

Hey...

I have a Pioneer DVR111 and a Pioneer DVR112 both installed on the same system.... the DVR111 is having major issues with writing... songs skip every 3 or 4 seconds and DVD movies get about 40 minutes in and then jsut stop working.... makes my TV do a BSOD... its not the dvd player i have connected to my TV, this happens on everyones TV and computers, but on the burner i burnt from it reads the disk perfectly....

ok so i thought "it must be screwed" so i brought a brand new version of it ... DVR112 which is a 18x18 burner, it gets detected by windows.... however I/O to the drive does not work... but it reads cd's not dvd's... Nero 7 wont detect it and the software it came with says it can not find any cd-rom devices (even though im running it FROM the cd rom its installed in)....

i brought the new dvd rom back to where i got it from and they tested it on their systems and it worked flawlessly....

so heres me... trying everything to get this stupid dvd rom to work with my pc and nero and failing horribly .... any help would be so muchly appreciated!!!

Thanks - in advance

2. worf51

worf51

you did not say what operating system you have,as i run 2 xp pcs i have had nothing but trouble with nero 7,i switched back to nero 6 and now i smile.....i have a pioneer 112 & a LG burner, hope this helps (y)

3. GoldenEye87

GoldenEye87 Thread Starter

sorry for lack of info...

Windows XP SP2 is my OS... Thanks for your response, I will be picking up a copy of Nero 6 from my parents house this evening... I will let you know how it goes!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650425

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice