Pioneer HTS-GS1 Surround Sound Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mcb0730

Hi guys, I'm having a problem trying to get the tv audio to play through my hts-gs1 surround sound system. I followed the instructions by running the red and white cord from the output of the back of the tv to the back of the subwoofer and when i switch it to analog on the surround sound nothing happens. Any help is appreciated.

tomdkat

Retired Trusted Advisor
What make/model TV are you using? Do you have the manual for the TV available?

Peace...

tomdkat

Retired Trusted Advisor
Ok, I'll take a peek later tonight. :)

Peace...

mcb0730

Thanks but I think I may have found the problem, there actually isn't an output jack in the back, it's only an input jack...... do you know of any way I could still make it work.

tomdkat

Retired Trusted Advisor
Let me look at the TV manual to see what its capabilities are. :)

Peace...

tomdkat

Retired Trusted Advisor
Ok, are you trying to get surround sound from TV broadcasts or from a DVD player or something?

That TV has NO output jacks so you can't get audio FROM the TV sent to the HTS-GS1. You can connect your DVD player to the HTS-GS1 using the digital audio output and connect the DVD player to the TV using composite, S-Video, or component video connections.

Peace...

mcb0730

Yes i'm just trying to get the tv audio to play through the surround sound... I have the HTS-GS1 connected to my xbox 360 but i would just like to hear my tv through the speakers also...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online