1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

pitchers to screen saver

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by smookie, Dec 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. smookie

smookie Thread Starter

Ive down-laoded some pitchers to (my pitchers folder) how do I put them on my screen saver?

2. Rockn

Rockn

Did you make a pitcher of a pitcher....lovely! There are utilities you can download that will do this for you. Nothing native to windows that will do this for you.

3. Rikku

Rikku

Windows ME or Windows XP will allow you to choose a screen saver called My Pictures. This will show as a slideshow screensaver anything in the 'My Pictures' directory.

If you have Win9x then you'll have to download something....

4. smookie

smookie Thread Starter

still dosent answer my question? how do i put pitchers into my screen saver from another folder?

5. fenwayrocks

fenwayrocks

Do you want wallpaper or screensaver? You can right click a pic and select set as wallpaper.

I have a nice little free program called Panorama that allows me to change the pics manually or they will auto switch if you so desire. I downloaded the Panorama from cnet a couple years ago.

As Rikku and Rockn said, you need a seperate program to do this.

Try this:
    click-me

or this:click-me (freeware)

6. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

smookie, your question HAS been answered about PICTURES. You need to search the web for software that will create screen savers. There's nothing in Windows 95 or 98 that will create screen savers for you.

You will also have problems if you search for software with the word "pitchers" in it. You'll probably only find baseball related programs.

7. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

smookie, I think you may mean how to you move them ( pix ) from one folder to another folder??? If thats what you are asking then you simply highlight it by clicking it.... then right click & copy then paste into the folder of your choice by opening the folder & right clicking in an empty spot then click paste.

Savvy :)

8. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

[[post removed]]

9. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Hi smookie.

I'm hoping I can give you some information that will help you out here.

You seem to want a picture to be a screen saver. Pictures cannot be screen savers. Pictures CAN be wallpaper. A screen saver is something you "play" on your monitor and it generally kicks in after a few minutes, however many minutes you set it to be. Wallpaper is just a background on your monitor that is always there after your PC has booted up.

I think you may want wallpaper. If so, the pictures you have downloaded must be bitmap images. Bitmap images have a file extension of BMP. The file extension is the three letters that follow the file name. If you can't see those three letters, then right-click one of the files you downloaded, hit Properties and look at the MS-DOS name and you should be able to see the file extension. If you've got BMP files, then move them to the C:\Windows folder.

Then, when you right-click your desktop and choose Properties, you'll be on the Background tab. Your picture should now show up in the list from which you can choose your wallpaper.

If you are on the web and see a picture you like, it is easiest to right-click it and choose Set as Wallpaper. Doing this automatically puts the file into the C:\Windows folder and converts it to a bitmap file for you.

If you ARE talking about creating a screen saver, that is another story and you should let us know so that we can help you with that.

Hope I've clarified a few points for you here.

10. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

Dreamboat: "the pictures you have downloaded must be bitmap images"

That's not true, Dreamboat. With Windows 98 and later, you can use JPG files as wallpaper.

11. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    You are right, Max.

I have Windows 98 SE. When I put a JPG file into my C:\Windows folder, it does NOT show up as a background in the list. If I choose to browse for a JPG or GIF, I must enable the Active desktop, which I do not use.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61767

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice