Pivot table over multiple ranges

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

holymoly

OK, I know I can start this with Alt D P and create using multiple ranges or sheets, and one page field create for each range.
Each range has the same columnar data.

Only problem is the new pivot table adds the total sales, and I'd like to display sales separately.
example

Customer Jan Sales 2012 Jan Sales 2013 2013 Sales YTD

OK, I renamed the headings differently in each range, I changed Jan in both to Jan 13 and Jan 12 in the other, so the colums show up separately in pivot table

But now I've noticed the new pivot has only a few fields,
Row, Column, Value, Page 1

holymoly

Any ideas, anyone? I am stumped.

My web search has revealed the only real way to do this is when the fields are identical for both data worksheets.

Keebellah

Hans
Trusted Advisor
If you have a sample with dummy data, why not attach it? You might get more perople to understand it.
I think you answered your own question but who knows somebody may have another idea.
Also create a sheet with what and how you want it to show up, helps paint the picture.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online