1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

pivottable formula

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by coachdan32, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coachdan32

coachdan32 Thread Starter

Is it possible to do a Countif calculation in an Excel pivottable? I am try to get the count of records where the field "Status" equals "Complete". I have tried:

=Countif([Status]="Complete")

I get an error that says "Too few."

2. Ziggy1

Ziggy1

you can copy your pivot results and then pasteSpecial>Values to another sheet, but that wont work if you need to work with the Pivot table only. I only suggest it because I sometimes just use it to get my data organized the way I want and them copy it.

3. bomb #21

bomb #21

Not really with you, coach. If one of your data fields is "Status", when you construct the table you can drag that field to the Row area and the Data area to give you a count of Status = Complete. If it defaults to "Sum of Status" (when you drag Status to Data) just doubleclick the button & switch it to "Count of".

If this doesn't cover it, try posting some dummy data for us to play with. I'm sure Villan could figure something out if it's PTs.

rgds,
    bomb

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488734

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice