1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pixel problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zimquo, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zimquo

zimquo Thread Starter

I have recently bought a hp w2207 monitor and think its great. My video card is a Nvidia 8500 gt. I was having no problems until my computer started acting up. I had to reformat my hard drive. After getting everything back on things seemed to be fine. about a week later I started to notice weird spots of colors. For example, on my firefox under the search bar at the top there are short blue vertical lines. Another example is playing World of warcraft I am getting red dots everywhere. some steady and some flickering. It kind of seems like darker colors cause the red dots, cause on the internet I get some pictures with the red dots.
    I tried updating the video card drivers. I am out of ideas on how to fix this. Or maybe my video card is dieing. But I have had it less then a year.
    Please Ideas!!
    :confused:

2. steven1350

steven1350

try it on a different monitor if u have another. If the problem remains, then its your video card casuing problems. If it works, then the LCD is defective.

3. zimquo

zimquo Thread Starter

Thank you steven1350...
    The problem has been fixed. I switched from dvi to vga cable then back and it seems to be normal again. Cable might have been loose or something.
    Thanks again(y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699419

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice