Pixilated screen with different colors / computer freezes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jalebi

My laptop ( around 5 years old) has started randomly crashing . It shows blue death screen which shows the error system thread exception not found. Also randomly it stops working and shows pixilated screen with different color bars WhatsApp Image 2020-10-03 at 23.19.44.jpegWhatsApp Image 2020-10-03 at 22.38.57.jpeg. Ireally doubt the fact that my screen is damaged because at times when the laptop ain't crashing the screen perfectly works and shows all applications .
I am really clueless about what the exact issue is and would be really grateful if someone from this forum can tell me about the issue

crjdriver

From your pics, it would appear the video chip is failing OR overheating. Have you cleaned the laptop lately? If not, that would be the first thing I would do.
If cleaning does not fix the problem, it is doubtful if a 5yr old laptop is worth putting much money into fixing. Unless it was a very high end gaming type laptop, it is usually not cost effective to repair.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online