1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Plagued by BSOD errors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kosinissa, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kosinissa

kosinissa Thread Starter

Hello all, I built my PC back in november and it has always been semi problematic. About 2-3 months ago I couldn't even get it to start up so I took it to geeksquad and they told me it was corrupt RAM. About a month later the problems restarted, lately my bluescreening has been absolutely horrific. I ran a memtest and I found out it is not the RAM. I downloaded a program called bluescreenview to help me see what the problem was and it turns out lately its these 3 issues.
    Page Fault in Nonpaged Area
    System Service Exception
    Driver Irql not less or equal

For the life of me I cannot understand why these issues continue to happen and would love some help :(
    Thanks!

2. Sponsor

3. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

Determine the manufacturer of your hard disk. Download their testing utility, the bootable one that runs from CD. Run the extended/extensive test of the hard disk.

Get back to us with your result.

4. sonexpc

sonexpc

5. kosinissa

kosinissa Thread Starter

It didn't seem like it picked up any problems, Just had another bluescreen and ran a CHDSKcheck earlier. This one said K_MODE_EXcEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

6. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    First Taking a computer to Geek Squad is asking them to "take my money , PLEASE!"

Second Please post your system specs, To include Make and model Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

7. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

What is "it", CHKDSK, the drive manufacturer's testing utility or that Crystal software.

CHKDSK will find errors in the file table and mark defective surface areas on the platters as unusable so that the OS avoids using those sectors. Although it can indicate to an experienced user that a more thorough drive test may be necessary, it is not a drive test utility, per se.

The drive manufacturer's testing utility will tell you whether the disk should be replaced due to impending failure and is generally accepted industry-wide by IT experts as a sure-fire method of determining the fitness of a hard disk.

8. sonexpc

sonexpc

9. kosinissa

kosinissa Thread Starter

Mobo: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

RAM: Kingston 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model KVR1333D3N9K3/6G

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT55TFBGRBOX

HD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31500341AS 1.5TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

volts on the 12 w rail: 11.73v

PSU: hermaltake TR-700P TR2 BRONZE 700W ATX 12V V2.3 / EPS 12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply

CPU cooler: COOLER MASTER V8 RR-UV8-XBU1-GP 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler Intel Core i7 compatible

I can get the rail watts in a bit.
    Also i've had a new problem where I randomly freeze up or the screen completely blacks out

10. kosinissa

kosinissa Thread Starter

The CHDSK check I ran earlier found nothing. I recently had to run another one since one of the drivers seems to have failed however i was unable to read which specific driver it affected. I ran the crystal software and it seemed to not detect anything either. I checked the manufacturers site for my HD and I couldn't seem to find any such utility :/

11. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
  12. kosinissa

kosinissa Thread Starter

I was planning to do the seagate test tomorrow, but I jsut received an error (Bad_Pool_Header) And now i can't even pass the BIOS screen.....I think I am out of options with all the parts well past their RMA date.....

13. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

If you aren't getting past the BIOS screen, then that is all the more reason this has to be a hardware problem not related at all to the OS (or drivers). But, I have seen people before who misstated that very thing concerning the BIOS. It turned out the machine was getting through the POST and failing when attempting to hand off to the boot sector of the hard disk.

One way to be sure about this is to disconnect the hard disk from the motherboard and see if it will POST without error. If it does, run a test on both the memory and the hard disk. But run both from bootable CDs. Do the memory test without the hard disk connected and let it run all night.

14. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    Where did you buy the parts from? Even though the selers RMA period may have expired, you should still have the Manufacturers Warranty/RMA options left to you.

And if you only have 11.73V on the +12Vdc Rail, That is a little on the low side. And could be causing you problems. A flaky power supply can give all kinds of syptoms that mimick other problem areas.

15. kosinissa

kosinissa Thread Starter

Was out of town for a while so took my head off this whole issue lol, anyway I came home and got to work on this. I used my dad's laptop to downlaod the seagate firmware. It said that there may be a firmware update for me so I went on the site, entered my serial #, it said there was nothing for me. On the plus side its starting up again. I am double checkig every driver that I know of to see that its up to date atm.
    EDIT: apperently not, as i'm going to install windows updates comp insta restarts on me, just black screening
    re edit: Now it just freezes whenever I start up again.........

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/995289