1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Plantronics audio 450 microphone problem...can anyone help please?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PcMeetsWindow, Apr 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PcMeetsWindow

PcMeetsWindow Thread Starter

Hi guys,

First of all, thank you for any reading and responding to this post in advance.

Here is my query, and an answer may save my remaining hair folicles' lifespan.

I bought this wonderful piece of kit, as it looked so pretty and comfy - heard great reviews about it too. Well, I plugged it in to the audio jacks, the mic into the mic, headphones into headphones jack, and tada, the audio is GREAT, it's clear as crystal...but the mic will not pick up me at all - so as I was in a skype call with someone, I decided to test it out - going to sound recorder and seeing if it was picking me up at all - not quite, it picked up the other person, albeit muffled and loud. All sounds the other person made were picked up, and distorted, yet none of mine. I have tried restarting, plugging it also into the back of my computer, the rear audio/mic at the back there...yet again, the sound is awesome, but the mic isn't recognising my voice at all - I found even when the mic was unplugged, that it would still pick up the other person I was talking to.

I am at wits end with this, I really don't want to take back this hot piece of kit as I am in love with it (no marriage planned yet 'though), so can any of you wonderful tech whizzes out there help a poor confused guy from doing as my name implies? <3

Thank you in advance,

Alex.
    xx

Edit: I tried the headset on my laptop, and it works perfectly incl the mic, so I know it isn't the headset...it's my computer, but what the problem is, I don't know...can anyone help me out please?

2. bigbear

bigbear

Just to check is the mic enabled in control panel>sound & audio devices?
    Have you set-up Sykpe correctly to recognised the new mic? Tools>audio settings and save

3. PcMeetsWindow

okay, here's the current situation - thank you for your advice, it truly helped as I hadn't set skype up to recognise the new headset - however that opened a whole new can of worms. The microphone works just fine now, better than imagined - BUT when I use the headset to listen to the conversation at the same time as the mic to speak, the other person hears themselves echoing back. I came up with a temporary solution - to use another headset to listen, and to use the mic to talk - but whenever I play music now, they can hear every single detail, really loud. This kind of sucks. She told me that it's the stereo mix option which does this, however when I mute stereo mix on the volume control panel, she can't hear me at all on the new mic. This is really confusing - it's so close to being fixed, yet so far... :(

Thank you once again in advance for your help btw...you're fantastic people here, I salute you for your kindness in helping people like me out when we're in despair

4. bigbear

bigbear

Yes I had the same problem which is why I went away from using a mic,
    It sounds like you are getting feed back and I am not sure how to fix that.
    I now use a wireless skype phone and it works a treat, I can use it all over the house like a regular phone

5. PcMeetsWindow

Thank you for your input, bear - after reading what you said and doing the suggestions, I randomnly messed with settings, and to my suprise I got it working! yay!

So this case is solved <333

6. akamai981

akamai981

Hey, PcMeetsWindow i have that same problem. could you see if you could figure out what you did in order to fix that audio problem?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice