1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Play movies on my TV (from a laptop)

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by nietsloh, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nietsloh

nietsloh Thread Starter

My laptop has S Video output. My TV has S Video input. I want to play a movie that's on my laptop's hard drive. I plugged the cord into my laptop and into my TV but nothing happens. The movie shows up on the laptop but not the TV.

(I thought it would be easy, since my DVD player was plugged into the TV's S Video. I figured I'd unplug the DVD player and plug that right into my laptop. Didn't happen.)

Any tips?

2. bonk

bonk Banned

you have to have the TV ON and hookup to your PC and then restart your PC

3. accat13

accat13

4. stantley

stantley

Make sure you have the video set-up as extended desktop with the computer monitor as the Primary Display and the TV as the Secondary Display, then drag the media player over to the Secondary Display.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/523183