1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

play ps2 on laptop

Discussion in 'Games' started by biggrobbstud, Dec 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. biggrobbstud

biggrobbstud Thread Starter

i know the title was a little vague but i was wonderin if anybody knew a way i could hook my ps2 up to my laptop to play on that screen.

2. Mailbox_Man

Mailbox_Man

I really don't think thats possible, If It Is, then maybe you might need to buy an adapter. usually from, Radio Shack, Circuit City, BestBuy, etc.

3. biggrobbstud

what kinda adaptor you thinkin bout. just so i dont sound crazy when im askin around. what would i plug it into on my laptop. i dont think there is an in

4. Mithrilhall

Mithrilhall

What does the cable you connect to the TV from the PS2 look like?

5. fod

fod

you could download an emulator, and the game you wanan play.

3 best problems with that.
    1.games are really hard to find, and filled with viruses
    2.need a really fast computer
    3.and it's highly illegel

6. biggrobbstud

ok i know what your thinkin and belive me answerin a question with a question is somethin that excites me in ways i cant understand...however,,what my question basically meant to say was what would i be plugging the adapter that looks like the back of my tv into ON the laptop. what would i be adapting

7. biggrobbstud

why go through the trouble when i could just buy the game for pc and x out the virus'. im thinkin more like travel wise. were all over the country for Christmas no doubt taking out laptop and some might lug the ps2.upon entering the house u notice grannies floor model void of av jacks...or worse yet, grannies livingroom void of a floor model.Or just wanna bust a cap in private without all those little holiday *******s askin so many questions

8. biggrobbstud

oops forgot u cant say *******s...umm fatherless. and what if i wanna save my game and play on the big screen. cant do that with emulator. thats what my pocket pc is for

9. Mailbox_Man

Mailbox_Man

before posting Read the rules fod, No illegal talk, As in Emulators. bigrob, I've heard of double posting but Triple posting.. lol, Try not to do that, Next time Press the Edit button, Anyway, Try searching Bestbuy.com CircuitCity.com or RadioShack.com or any other store, If you found what you wan't Go the the store and ask for that Adapter, Goodluck. (y) :D :eek: :eek: :( :mad: :) :rolleyes: :cool: :p (n) ;) :confused: (y)

10. fod

fod

i also said it was really illegel

11. biggrobbstud

first...what is triple postin.i dont see where i did anything three times.and i thought the reason for forums was to look for help.what good would it be to search the stores if i dont know exactly what im lookin for or if the item even exists. have u tried searchin one of those sites when u dont know exactly what your lookin for.plus im thinkin somethin like that would be at a computer store not electronic all purpose department store

12. tdi_veedub

tdi_veedub

Having and using an emulator is not illigal. Using ROM images and discs to play games without paying for them is illigal.

I know that most people use emulators for the sole purposes of playing without paying, and I am not condoning that, however there ARE people that use them legitimately.

If you have tried to get your old NES system repaired to no avail and have no option to buy a new one(other than another most likely defective one from ebay) then you will know what I am talking about.

13. Whiteskin

Whiteskin

That said, what you need is video-in for your laptop. Look for something like a dazzle adaptor, or ask around at your local electronics store for something that will allow video capture (IE an external tv card)

14. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

OK, In order to USE the emulator, you need the ROMs. You can't use an emulator if you have no ROMs so therefore it's illegal. Emulators are designed for that reason alone and that's why we don't support it.

As for the Video Capture:

http://www.jknelectronics.com/vidcap1.htm

Try googling TV TUNER. RadioShack might be a good place to start, just to get the info you need. Depending on what you use (video cable which is the Red White and Yellow cable or the coaxile cable, the standard cable), you can ask them if they know a PCMCIA card that can plug those cables in. Best bet is the TV TUNER though

15. biggrobbstud

the item at that link u provided wont work however it is intriguing.might get it anyway.but i did search external tv tuners on google and ebay.They ranged from 50 on ebay to 200 on various sites.most say that they are compatible or specially made for laptop.some have av, co ax and s video inputs so thank you for your suggestion. looks like that was a great deal of help.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!