1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Play PS3 on Laptop

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dropdeuce, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dropdeuce

Dropdeuce Thread Starter

Hey i remember seeing this plugin that allows you to play video games on your laptop does anyone know what it is

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Nope, and no doubt that it will be illegal too since SONY and the like will allow such things. ;)

3. Jo3y_

Jo3y_

Yeah, sounds illegal. If such thing existed, it will stop people from buying a PS3 and they would just buy the PS3 games to play on a Laptop. Sounds pretty cool tho, lol.

4. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

unless what he is talkin about is running the ps3 and using the laptop as a screen using a vga cable...hopefully thats what he means otherwise it is illegal and he shud have read the rules about hacked games and how this post will probably be closed!!

5. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    well I would leave this until 23rd for the OP to clarify.

6. Dropdeuce

Dropdeuce Thread Starter

im talking about a cable or something so that i can play my ps3 using my laptop screen like a tv is is a vga cable that i need?

7. Michael Bennett

Michael Bennett Banned

If your laptop has the famous red, white and yellow jacks then you won't be able to:

[​IMG]

But if it does, just use the AV cable that came with your PS3 to plug it into the laptop:

[​IMG]

Then it should show up...

Michael.

8. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    You will need a tv tuner card, whether if it's a PC Card, or a external USB.

9. line.ex

line.ex

you can get something like this:http://www.vdigi.com/

But bear in mind your monitor must support the resoltion of the ps3 as well as a adapter to connect together the component cables.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/653807

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice