1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Playback stuttering

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by thesey, Feb 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thesey

thesey Thread Starter

I performed a search but cannot really find any help.
    All my audio playback ( MP3, WAV,) when played through winamp, WMP or realplayer keep stuttering like the memory is running out.
    My system is AMD1200 with 512 RAM. My soundcard is a cheap muse XL. All drivers are up to date.
    CD's play fine. The problem is really bad when opening, for example, OE whilst listening to a tune or just opening new windows, the tune playing really hangs.
    I still get these "glitches" when winamp is the only thing running (to a lesser degree) -Do I need more memory or a better soundcard?
    Cheers -Seymour

2. $teve

$teve

welcome to T.S.G.

you always need more memory and a better soundcard but i think the problem is probably with a running process.close everything not needed......(start/run type msconfig press enter and see if that works.
    im asuming your not using win95/2k

3. thesey

thesey Thread Starter

Yeah, I've done the start-up menu and trimmed it back to basics, when ctrl/alt/del is pressed only syst tray and explorer are running.
    I did have another 256 stick of memory that I ran for a while making 768mb but win98 gets unstable (so I've read) ( tried all the system INI cheats etc but wasn't really satifactory)

'Spose I should just go and buy a better sound card and see if this eliminates the problem. I may changee my OS to 2000 or XP soon so I can add the xtra memory.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119199

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice