1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Playback Volume control

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by perry38, Oct 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perry38

perry38 Thread Starter

Hi. Just recently I clicked on my song list to play a song and couldn't get any volume. I pulled up the playback control and the the Wave slider was pulled down. I pushed it up and volume was restored. This had never happened before. I thought the slider only moved with the mouse? I suspect it has something to do with Winamp since it doesn't seem to happen with other players (Media etc.). I have looked everywhere I could think of to see what the problem might be..no luck. I prefer to use MP3Pro as my player. Where do I go to set Pro as my default? Any help on the slider will be appreciated.
    Perry

2. perry38

perry38 Thread Starter

ps. It wasn't a one time event. It happens frequently.
    Perry

3. Paul Nagel

Paul Nagel

I use WinAmp and noticed that with both WinAmp and the Volume Control windows open, if you move the VC Wave slider up or down, it does not move the slider in WinAmp. If you move the WinAmp volume slider up or down, the Wave slider in VC also moves. So if you turn down the volume in WA, the Wave slider in VC also is adjusted. It has always been that way. Hope this helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!