1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Played with gif animator

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Davey7549, Jan 5, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. Davey7549

Davey7549 Thread Starter

Here it is a dreary Sunday, lightly snowing out so what better to do but play with and learn ones graphics programs. Sometimes one wonders with all the problems with Windows what would happen if..........

[​IMG]

Had to optimize a bit for transfer.

Dave

Attached Files:

2. buck52

buck52 Banned

Howdy Dave

very cool

Is that a hint that you are switching to Linux

buck

3. Davey7549

Davey7549 Thread Starter

Buck
    Not likely still trying to learn windows.....but it does resurrect the point there are few alternatives!

Dave

4. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Few alternatives?
    Youve got your Mac, um Unix,Tandy, OS/2, BSD,FreeBSD,AMIGA, BeOS, Palm, AsbestOS, DOS, PCDOS, FreeDOS, DGUX, Solaris, AIX, IRX, HP-UX, and Brew (not exactly an OS).

OK maybe I found almost half of those by searching for "Obscure Operating Systems" but that isnt the point.

Great Animation:D

5. puter hater

puter hater

Are you sure it is a lite snow. Considering how much work you put in your animation I would say heavy, snow unable to go out side snow:D

Cool amimation........

6. Davey7549

Davey7549 Thread Starter

puter hater
    Took about four hours one of which was figuring out how to creat an animation backwards. Once I figured that out it was easy to remove and move objects and save as frames as you go. Final product of course is collecting all the frames in an animator.
    It really is fun watching your thoughts come to life.

Dave

7. puter hater

puter hater

I have just started to play with animation. So far just simple stuff. It dosen't snow here:D so I don't have a good excuse to sit...

8. Jonesiegirl

Jonesiegirl Guest

Davey... I'm like soooooooooooooooo graphics brain dead. I want desperately to learn, but I need to be "shown" ... I've read, I've putzed, I've cried (a lot) LOL, and I still can't figure ANY of it out. :confused:

I admire your work! :)

9. hewee

hewee

Very cool Davey :)

Yea it is fun making things and all the time you put in it learn.
    Then you have the play back the is only a couple scounds.:eek:
    But it is still so much fun knowing that you made something.

The Bryce 5 I have takes alot of time and it saves in the .avi format that is very big. Like 15 MB for 2 to 3 seconds.
    But I can cut the size down about 10 times by taking it onto Ulead GIF Animator 5 and saving it as a .gif.

Plus I was making things to big for anyone but me to see. :D
    He hee like a 50 plus MB .gif I made once that filled a 19" screen was very cool. :)

10. Davey7549

Davey7549 Thread Starter

Hewee
    Animations as you know are really movie clips in a compressed format so why not exploit the clarity of .avi and then convert to .gif. I like working in .gif or .png format because I am able to hold the transparent background so shifting objects frame to frame is simple. Never used Bryce 5, will haveto take a look at it when I get a bit of time like yesterday!:D

Dave

11. Davey7549

Davey7549 Thread Starter

Joansiegirl
    Animations or Movies are many individual frames depicting object changes\differences from one frame to next much like cartoons are made. All these frames are scheduled to play one after another to create the effect of movement. The ease at which one can create these is proportionate to the graphic editors ability to allow ease of movement of individual objects within a frame, then saving after frame is complete. I have collected a sampling of frames for an animation I created for an avatar (Attached). As you can see the changes occurring in the 22 frames from one frame to next. The more frames, the more subtle the differences are, the more flowing the movement is. The original of the master for the avatar is 156KB 22 frames at 200x200 Pixels each frame. The key to the whole process is to build it big as hewee does (not quite that big though) and scale it down by removing frames selectively preventing jerky movement and then resizing to avatar size which is 50x50 pixels with total file size no bigger 20KB. Sometimes that can be a feat!

So attached in this post is the frames that went into making the Hiney master animation and the hyperlink is to the member that now owns the avatar as their symbol.

Link to member: http://forums.techguy.org/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=25617

Dave

Attached Files:

12. hewee

hewee

Yea it fun and seeing any of it at 800 x 600 or bigger is cool.
    What is cool about bryce is that I can change the document size and that after I made the image and then render it again.
    I was playing last night in the same picture and used the IMAX setting and made a 3454 x 1472 .tiff at 14.6 MB. I could of made it small like 800 x 600 and made 100's of frames and have the sun rising or the clouds moving etc. Theb saved it as a .avi. But would hours just to render it and save it. Save the very same thing at 50 x 50 and your have the very same thing render and save in 5 min.
    Plus I don't know what I am doing yet so I know I can do more.

13. bassetman

bassetman Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten

M$ Gif animator is free and relatively easy to use.

Swish is free to try and reasonable to buy. It is much more versatil and can make swf files to. :D

John

14. hewee

hewee

Got a link for Swish?

Ulead GIF Animator 5 lets you save in .swf and other video formats.

15. buck52

buck52 Banned

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/111586

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice