1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Playin/burning Cdrs/dvds

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by grimreapor, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. grimreapor

grimreapor Thread Starter

HELLO

FOR SOME TIME KNOW IVE BEEN BURNING CDS FOR A NUMBER OF DIFFERNT CANT AND WONT SAY WHAT BUT IVE JUST LATLY DISCOVERED THAT THEY WONT BOOT THEM SELFS UP.
    IVE LOOK ON THE INTERNET AND DISCOVERED ITS BECAUSE IM MAKING STANDARD CDRS AND NOT MAKING BOOTABLE DISCS SO I DOWNLOADED AND INSTALL ROXIO ON A DEMO VERSION AND WENT TO BOOTABLE CDS STARTED TO BURN A CD HALF WAY THOUGHT AND AN ERROR MESSAGE CAME UP SAYING `CANT LOAD ASPI` CANT FLUSH ETC.
    SO I THEN LOOKED UP WHAT ASPI MEANS AND DOES (FOR ALL THOSE WHO ARE READING THIS AND DONT KNOW ITS SOFTWARE WHAT ENABLES COMUNICATION BETWEEN BURNING PROGRAMS AND THE ACTUAL CDRW DRIVE ON YOUR COMPUTER)
    ALOT OF HELPFUL WEB PAGES SAID THAT ASPI DRIVES ARE INSTALLED WITH YOUR WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM SO NEXT THING I DID WAS TO READ TECH ON MICROSOFT WEB SITE AND THAT SAYS FROM WINDOWS XP THEYVE STOP INCLUDED ASPI AND REPLACED IT WITH ANOTHER PROGRAM I FORGOT WHAT ITS CALLED BUT BASICALLY WHAT IT MEANS IS THERES ALOT OF NEW AND OLD BURNING PROGRAMS AND CDRW DRIVE/DVD DRIVES WHICH RELY ON ASPI DRIVES TO COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER.

THE PROGRAMS WILL START WITH OUT THEM ETC START BURNING AND YOU END UP WITH ERRORS SOMETIMES THEY WARN YOU ALOT DONT YOU JUST END UP WITH A RUBBISH DISC. THIS PROBLEM CAN ALSO EFFECT PLAYING DVDS,CDS,BURNING DVDS AND CDRS/CDRW.

DOES ANYONE HAVE IDEAS ON HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.

THINGS IVE TRIED ARE:
    DOWNLOADING ASPI SOFTWARE FROM ASPI WEB SITE BUT WONT INSTALL BECAUSE NO HARDWARE TO INSTALL THEM TOO.
    TRIED FORCE ASPI PROGRAM INSTALLS WRONG ONES.
    THE ONLY PROGRAM WHICH I KNOW WHATS NOT AFFECTED TO SOME DEGREE BY THE MISSIN ASPI DRIVES IS THE WINDOWS XP ACTUALL BUILT IN BURNING PROGRAM?????????????????????????????????????????
    WHICH SOUNDS FUNNY TO ME

2. Sponsor

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    is this legal activity ????

""FOR SOME TIME KNOW IVE BEEN BURNING CDS FOR A NUMBER OF DIFFERNT CANT AND WONT SAY WHAT BUT IVE JUST LATLY DISCOVERED THAT THEY WONT BOOT THEM SELFS UP."""

4. grimreapor

yes there legal its just that there backups of certain program etc and private things
    or as far as im aware they are

5. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  6. grimreapor

you see im posting this thread just to find out if anyone knows any program which improve the communication between hardware-software because alot of programs rely on aspi for burning disc with out them it could causes lots of different problems in the programs

7. grimreapor

ive using windows xp professional
    its a presario 2100 amd notebook
    its a combi drive
    and i dont know make of my dvd/cdrw combi drive

8. grimreapor

yes ive tried force aspi it actually installed some aspi but my burning software roxio still didnt reconise them

9. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    If you are copying a CD that is already bootable then you do not need to choose to make a bootable CD as the Copy CD function will make an exact copy of the original that will function just like the original. If you want to make a self booting CD, a CD that the computer can boot/start off, then thats when you use teh Bootable CD feature. If you mean that the CD's don't AutoPlay in Windows then that might be just teh way you're copying the CD's - let the burning software copy the disc instead of copying the contents of the CD to the hard drive manually and then burning it to CD.

Not all CD's can be copied properly as an anti-piracy/copyright protection feature.

Also, Nero is better then Roxio - try a demo of that and see if you get errors to.

The latest version of ForceASPI is 1.8.

10. grimreapor

thanx
    i did try nero but when i try to make a bootable disc it asked me to put a floppy in the drive a but im on a notebook it doesnt a floppy drive so i tryed roxio but im thinkin along the lines that it shi.
    i meant for both reasons.

11. GUSMAN

GUSMAN

I use NTI cd and dvd maker and it actually loads aspi drivers at the end of the install which takes a few minutes. I have never had a single problem with it.
    If you do install it like I said, give it a few mins at the end to install ASPI because for all intents and purposes it does look like the install is complete when it isnt quite..

Cheers

Gus

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!