1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

playing and burning movies

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by raycongo, Aug 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raycongo

raycongo Thread Starter

HI
    I've been trying to burn movies ( avi, divx) to cdr, preferably in Vcd, so that i can play then in a stand alone dvd player.
    I've been using Nero v.5.5.6.4; and the movies play fine on the pc, but not the Dvd player ( which is vcd compatible).

I have a 4X burner , and the video encoding/burning can take up to 4hrs for a 70 minute movie excerpt. Is that normal?
    Is there any way I can get a full movie ( average time 120min) on 1 cd/vcd.

I've been playing movies on pc using win media player, sometimes Alpha divx player. Some movies allow the option of changing video setting, while other don't. anything i can do?

Ray

2. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

If your player supports it you can burn using sVCD and get more video onto one disc.

3. Mark20

Mark20

The video encoding on Nero isn't up too much, try using a software called TMPENc it converts avi, Divx no problem and I have burned many a cd and works perfectly on my DVD player and PC.

The software is available from http://www.vcdhelp.com look at that website for the link to the download.

Hope this helps

Mark

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/92495

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice