1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Playing Counter STrike 1.6 problems now

Discussion in 'Games' started by Kelvin 22, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelvin 22

Kelvin 22 Thread Starter

Hi, i've bought a new computer and i've had it for atleast 2 years now. Its a sony. Thats info on it is... 3.0 ghz 1gig ram. intergrated graphic card and.. lots of memory lol. Well the thing is. I've been playing counterstrike and other games for a while now and i had no problems with it. And recently my computer has disspointed me with its performance. Before i was able to play it perfectly fine. The lag was good and movement wasn't complainable. But recently it seems like when i play counterstrike i get a huge ping and my FPS drops when there is a lot of animation. Before, i was able to play fine but now, all of a sudden the performance becomes bad.

THings that i have tried to fix the problems with: Reformatted, unistall some useless software, called my internet provider, and other little things.

I would like to know how to fix this problem. There are many problems that could be happening but i have no idea where to start with. People have told me to purchase additional products for my computer and i dont think it is neccsary because i was able to play perfectly fine before.

2. vinsanity

vinsanity

check your drivers. 1. video driver 2. system drivers (which may include driver for the mainboard, ide drivers, etc) properly install the above mention and don't rely on the drivers that the windows provides.

3. MaverickUK

MaverickUK

Try "fps_max 101" in console and "cl_rate 20000" - "cl_updaterate 101" and "cl_cmdrate 101".

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538911

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice