Playing dvd and burning not working properly

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

teamdj

My burning program is capable of burning at 8x and is only burning at .64x aswell when I try playing dvd's on the drive it is distorted, like it is skipping but shoudn't be. The burning software is sonic, when I try to burn dvd's sonic says that the dma is unplugged and have followed the neccessary steps to turn that on but it still says that it is unplugged. how do i fix this. Please

Is this a newly-installed drive or one that was working properly up till now?
Assuming that it's a parallel, not a serial drive, have you checked that the cables going into the back of it are fully inserted and secure?
Are the slave/master/cable select jumper settings on the back of the drive set correctly?
Again, if it's a parallel drive are you using a 40-core or an 80-core IDE cable? It needs 80-core.
If you're not used to opening the PC up, make sure it's switched off and observe the necessary precautions so as not to kill it with an electrostatic jolt.

uninstall/reinstall sonic & dma. what program r u using 2 view dvds? is ur video card updated as well as codecs?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts