Playing DVDs across a network

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dmurfitt

The speed of a 10/100 network card is more than enough to play a DVD across a network, but is it possible, and if so, how can you do it?

CHeers,
Dan

Okay, the way I did it was I loaded the player software on guest computers then logged the dvd drive as a shared drive.
Works great for the data-disc dvd's that I use but I have to tell you it sucks to watch a movie on our network. Too much traffic and it bogs the machine down. I guess if it has aload of memory in it that would help.

Just went to VideoLans website, Looks like something I can use on my network! Thanks for the lead, I learn more here by reading posts.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online