1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

playing dvds via s video

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by cablefoxley, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cablefoxley

cablefoxley Thread Starter

Hi guys im trying to get dvds working via an s video cable. iv got the picture up on screen of the desktop no problem. I have got sound working but theres no picture of the dvd when im playing it back, can any one help. im using intervideo win dvd 4 if that helps and of course iv got normal windows media(n)

thanks

2. stantley

stantley

Your display setup should be extended desktop and not clone mode.

Have the DVD playing in the media player on the computer monitor, drag the window over to the TV display, then maximize the window or go to full screen.

3. cablefoxley

cablefoxley Thread Starter

not to sure what you mean to do, it allows me to view any docs and games, but when i insert the dvd i still get the rest of the screen for the media player but it wont show the picture. Any chance of more of a step by step guide?

cheers

4. stantley

stantley

First, when you put in a DVD and startup the media player does it display OK on your computer monitor?

If what is being displayed on the computer monitor is exactly the same as what is on the TV then you're in clone mode. Are you in clone mode?

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

One issue may be DRM for commercial DVD media. It used to be that you couldn't play a DVD on the S-Video or composite outputs, don't know if that's changed nowadays or not.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/597458

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice