1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Playing guitar

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by ekim68, Dec 28, 2010.

Advertisement
  1. ekim68

ekim68 Mike Thread Starter

Seems like a good place to share ideas and tips on playing the guitar. I'm an old rocker who was influenced by The Ventures, and later Eric Clapton and Jimi, and nowadays Joe Satriani and Paul Gilbert....
    On chords: My suggestion on playing chords is to start with a song you know, even a simple two chord song, and play it over and over until the strings don't rattle. :)
    On dexterity: I have an old 1929 Royal manual typewriter that I bang on to build up strength in my fingers. (It helps to type a variety of letters to change the memory of your fingers..;) )

2. valis

valis Moderator

excellent idea for a thread.......so far I have accumulated a vast wealth of guitar expertise, all of it in the form of a guitar. After that, I'm kind of at a loss. :)

3. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

Why not just play a Guitar A Lot
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. jimi

jimi

I'm a bad, bad influence, just ask.......oh james marshall, never mind, carry on:D

5. ekim68

6. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

No .. But I wish a could play one .. But been doing a lot of listening lately
    Dave says there's 3 thing to do to learn to Play a guitar ..
    Practice .. Practice .. and Practice.

7. ekim68

(y)

8. ekim68

9. ekim68

Wow, 22 years ago, I wish I could have been there...(y) I love power guitar...;)

Eddie Van Halen

:cool:

10. steppenwolf

steppenwolf

just one tuning?

11. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79

Two guitar CDs I highly recommend are:
    1) Segovia - Canciones Populares - Eliot Fisk (Ref: Classical Guitarist) (Note: no link to audio available)
    2) Saudacoes - Egberto Giamanti & son Alexandre (listen to Egberto Gismonti: Guitars That Dazzle) w/article and picture). Note: Egberto plays a 16 string guitar! and this is a 2-CD album.

For an Electronic Rock Guitar T-Shirt (playable/also kid's version) visit ThinkGeek.

-- Tom

12. ekim68

Here's Johnny....(y) :cool:

Can you say notes?

The video is pretty good, watch his fingers and you can learn...(y)

13. valis

valis Moderator

wow........rather surprised I'd not heard of him. After a bit of research, the stuff he did with Shakti just blows me away.....

thanks, Mike.......(y)

14. ekim68

He's been one of my favorites for a long time Tim. When he was with the Mahavishnu Orchestra and was playing with Jan Hammer and Billy Cobham and later Jean-Luc Ponty they could fill up the notes...;) (y) A couple of years ago he played in one of Eric Clapton's 'Guitar Concerts', I believe they made a live copy on DVD, he was still up to form and speed. He played with just two drummers and was fascinatingly ridiculous...:cool:

15. valis

valis Moderator

I've heard of Jan Hammer, but the others, save Clapton, nada.......actually pleasantly surprised by this guy. Again, Mike, thanks for the link.....

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971185