Playing guitar

how about Duane eddy?
You don't hear a lot from him. He one hit called Rebel Rouser and kind of left after that. He was a greaser before the hippies took over and the 60's shifted radically from say 1963 to 1966. It was the Vietnam thing I guess. Great talent fallen victim to changing times.

tomorrow is my pay day and I’m thinking of ordering ukulele and some iPad lessons so I can learn ukulele from scratch and playing them. My good friend taught me as I was really good even myself as profoundly deaf (I wear hearing aids and use sign language) quite missing playing ukulele.

Reactions: RT

ekim68

Mike
My Granddaughter gave me a ukulele a few years back and I played around with it for months, but eventually came back to my guitar. I try to play every night because if I don't use it, I'll lose it.. :eek: :)

Reactions: RT

RT

Aww, it's been a while since I've posted here...
and duplicate posts have been made.
Perhaps this is not one,
or maybe it is.
Who'd know? ;)

I'm just going to copy and paste a comment I made elsewhere...

~~snip~~
So this one came back to me, as I had learned most of the guitar parts, but never had some one to accompany me on another guitar, which would have been helpful, but a violin player would have really helped.

Gosh, I even got the "chimes" part right :sheesh:
Even if I did get everyone together, our tempo would have been slower than this short offering by the Dixie Dreggs :

Little Kids

Fairly short, ain't much to look at, but I think most of you will appreciate it, if you click it (y)
~~unsnip~~

I try to play every night because if I don't use it, I'll lose it..
Uh, truth be told there Mike.
I've lost it, but because of what I know, my appreciation of the art hasn't diminished.
I lost it because - I just stopped using it.
:censored:

Aww, it's been a while since I've posted here...
and duplicate posts have been made.
Perhaps this is not one,
or maybe it is.
Who'd know? ;)

I'm just going to copy and paste a comment I made elsewhere...

~~snip~~
So this one came back to me, as I had learned most of the guitar parts, but never had some one to accompany me on another guitar, which would have been helpful, but a violin player would have really helped.

Gosh, I even got the "chimes" part right :sheesh:
Even if I did get everyone together, our tempo would have been slower than this short offering by the Dixie Dreggs :

Little Kids

Fairly short, ain't much to look at, but I think most of you will appreciate it, if you click it (y)
~~unsnip~~

Uh, truth be told there Mike.
I've lost it, but because of what I know, my appreciation of the art hasn't diminished.
I lost it because - I just stopped using it.
:censored:
My problem is my practice. I make lots of mistakes and I live in a quadraplex. I know the neighbors are listening to me and I'm self conscious. Its really embarrassing and there is no where else to go.

ekim68

Mike
And that's what practice is all about.. (y) You keep going to make things smoother and they eventually will and you'll get the added bonus of having the dexterity and finger pattern memories... They come in handy sometimes.. :cool: Are you playing an electric guitar? I have a little bang around acoustic and we keep each other busy... ;)

And that's what practice is all about.. (y) You keep going to make things smoother and they eventually will and you'll get the added bonus of having the dexterity and finger pattern memories... They come in handy sometimes.. :cool: Are you playing an electric guitar? I have a little bang around acoustic and we keep each other busy... ;)
I have electric and acoustic. What do you suggest? Practice together? I live in the Seattle area. I don't know how many hours difference that is for you. If you want we can try zooming or if you don't zoom, Facebook.?

RT

I know the neighbors are listening to me and I'm self conscious. Its really embarrassing and there is no where else to go.
I understand that all too well, Mr Yar... but as you learn, or if even if accomplished, you're still be going to be your own worst critic.
Don't let that stop you!

If you're worried about what others hear while you're practicing, I'd suggest getting a set of headphones for the electric. There's a way to set that up so only you can hear it, amplified.

If you worry about what is heard on the acoustic, don't be paranoid. If you can hear their TVs or music over the walls, or the singing in the shower, then it's tit for tat.

The important thing is that you enjoy what you're doing.

My friend, if you're embarresed about a bit of acoustic mistakes everyone makes while practicing, just be glad your neighbors haven't taken up the drums! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online