Playing guitar

ekim68

Mike
Uh, truth be told there Mike.
I've lost it, but because of what I know, my appreciation of the art hasn't diminished.
I lost it because - I just stopped using it.
:censored:
Nope, ain't gonna accept that... I play every night and so can you....As a matter of fact I just did a new combination of notes and chords and it/they looks promising... :cool: I'm hoping to get 4 more things up on YouTube before I get to 70... ;) :cool:

RT

Look forward to that, so be sure to post links!
Nope, ain't gonna accept that... I play every night and so can you...
Appreciate the encouragement, hard to play without an instrument...lost my calluses (sp?) but I still envision, in my mind, the notes I'd like to play. And I know exactly how to do it.

Huh, reckon I outta "borrow" back the ol' guitar I "gave" to the Boy...pretty sure he's not using it daily.
Come to think of it, he's "borrowed" a bunch of other stuff that was never returned.
But I expected that ;)
Or you could let me "borrow" that uke in the corner, of yours :D

The old upright piano I sporadically tinkle on has become frustrating, with sticky keys.
~35 years ago, I could've opened it up, maybe fixed it. And tuned it. maybe.
But that was then, this is now.

However, out of the blue,blue blue blob lah blue the other night something occurred to me, and tapped out the melody to
THIS

Huh.
Wasn't even watching TV.

Seems like a good place to share ideas and tips on playing the guitar. I'm an old rocker who was influenced by The Ventures, and later Eric Clapton and Jimi, and nowadays Joe Satriani and Paul Gilbert....
On chords: My suggestion on playing chords is to start with a song you know, even a simple two chord song, and play it over and over until the strings don't rattle. :)
On dexterity: I have an old 1929 Royal manual typewriter that I bang on to build up strength in my fingers. (It helps to type a variety of letters to change the memory of your fingers..;) )
Hi Mike, You brought back a good memory of my pap who played by ear and was an all natural guitar player without ever needing guitar lessons, and you would have thought he took several lessons! He was an amazing player. I absolutely enjoy Eric Clapton!:love:

ekim68

Mike
I still make things up and there's lots of notes out there to be discovered... :cool: Some of my favorite jamming friends have passed away and I've vowed to continue the music. Here's a tune I wrote which was about one of those friends.
Cinema

;)

ekim68

Mike

Junk pile electric reborn as the Fender Maverick Dorado

Fender may be best known for its iconic Stratocaster and Telecaster electric guitars, but it's experimented with a number of different shapes and setups over the years. For the limited edition Parallel Universe series, the company has mashed up different models to create oddball new ones. And the latest is possibly the oddest of them all – the Maverick Dorado.
assets.newatlas.jpg

ekim68

Mike
:cool:

Liquid-filled guitar promises custom color change in minutes

Generally speaking, if you fancy treating your guitar to a new color scheme you have to break out the sander, brushes, paint and more. This can take a while and involves a good deal of hands-on labor. The folks behind Bryan Guitars sought another way, and after more than 30 years in development, the family business is now ready to share its liquid-filled guitars with players.

assets.newatlas.jpg

ekim68

Mike

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online