Playing guitar

ekim68

Mike

RT

Mike, you once praised Yes, but have you ever seen them all acoustic?
I haven't, so
Here's something
that might interest you...
an "unplugged" live satellite broadcast from 2004.
very :cool:

ekim68

Mike

Spark-O-Matic Jazzmaster completes Fender's trip into a Parallel Universe

With the release of the "Spark-O-Matic" Jazzmaster, Fender has completed its Parallel Universe II instrument line up, an eight model range of limited edition electric guitars that combine elements of different Fender icons to create some interesting oddities.

The first Parallel Universe series landed in 2018, and included mashups of a Jaguar and Stratocaster, a Telecaster bass and a striking offset oddball called the Meteora – which looked at once novel and familiar, boasting a brand new body shape for the company, but also recalling elements of the Jazzmaster and Telecaster.

assets.newatlas.com.jpeg

ekim68

Mike
Reactions: RT

ekim68

Mike

Acoustasonic Jazzmaster review: Fender walks the digital tightrope

The Acoustasonic series started out as Fender's moon shot at re-inventing the acoustic guitar for the modern age, but its ambitions quickly expanded to become much broader. Equipped with three different types of pickup and a built-in digital signal processor, these next-generation guitars let you flip through 10 different sounds, acoustic and electric, before you even touch your toe to a pedal.
assets.newatlas.com.jpeg

ekim68

Mike
High-tech device teaches you to play an ancient instrument

Commonly called the African piano, the kalimba is the commercial version of a traditional Zimbabwean instrument known as the mbira, which dates back thousands of years. That said, a brand-new high-tech tool has been designed to teach people how to play the thing.

Modern-day kalimbas consist of a row of tensioned metal tines, attached to a wooden board. Musical notes are produced by plucking those tines with the thumbs and fingers. And while kalimba instructors certainly do exist, they're not as easy to find as instructors for more widely played instruments – particularly in smaller non-African communities.

ekim68

Mike

Novel Reversed Slide Neck guitar attachment readied for release

Late last year, after stumbling across an extraordinary performance of While My Guitar Gently Weeps on YouTube, we caught up with accomplished Italian guitar player Luca Stricagnoli to take a closer look at the novel slide guitar attachment he used in the video. Now the Reversed Slide Neck has undergone some modification ahead of production.
slide.jpg

I just got an email from Martin Guitars Co. , where I got my guitar, for a new pick. Its a $20 pick. Its got some special design and made with a special "polymer." I was wondering if this pick was just a gimmick or if it was special. I usually don't play with a pick because they are uncomfortable but I like the sound of one, especially on an electric guitar. Has anyone tried it? https://www.martinguitar.com/gear-accessories/straps-other-accessories/18A0117.html?utm_campaign=Guitars&utm_medium=email&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-_MHJ9BXcwtxqZ_JNMbSuK0-sfTBrZy-Gdp-IFPE0QWrUVzvVV1nQpSZBI90npfGHyzhMawracVSIPQt9LHtUEGUWMPZw&_hsmi=127186933&utm_content=127192887&utm_source=hs_email&hsCtaTracking=733bcccf-003d-41ce-a296-b51ccc71b05b|290e7646-6701-42ef-8db1-b90ff5e216ff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online