Playing guitar

ekim68

Mike
Hey Randy, that was a cool video and I'm gonna share it... :cool: (I always wondered about those G strings..)

Reactions: RT

RT

Uh to change tones, I used to use those knobs and switches on the guitar or amp...
or an effects foot pedal(s) .... happens pretty fast...
or just quickly swap guitars ;)
However that doesn't mean it's all that easy to travel with.

Guitars should be built to age well, like a Martin or Les Paul....the list could on and on...
Perhaps, unlike you and me, some things do get better with age :D
I might have said that bass-ackwards :ROFLMAO:

ekim68

Mike

Johnny Ramone's infamous Mosrite guitar was just auctioned off for nearly $1 million

A 1965 Mosrite Ventures II electric guitar personally-owned and -used by Johnny Ramone (John Cummings) for nearly two decades as the guitarist for punk rock legends the Ramones, with the back of the guitar signed in black felt tip, "Johnny Ramone, My Main Guitar, 1977-1996." Cummings played this guitar at every Ramones performance until his retirement: from November 1977 through August 1996, for a total of approximately 1,985 shows.

ekim68

Mike

ekim68

Mike
More strings, eh? ;)

How a team of musicologists and computer scientists completed Beethoven’s unfinished 10th Symphony

When Ludwig van Beethoven died in 1827, he was three years removed from the completion of his Ninth Symphony, a work heralded by many as his magnum opus. He had started work on his 10th Symphony but, due to deteriorating health, wasn’t able to make much headway: All he left behind were some musical sketches.
Now, thanks to the work of a team of music historians, musicologists, composers and computer scientists, Beethoven’s vision will come to life.

ekim68

Mike

A rock star’s favorite guitar was stolen. One of his biggest fans tracked it down in Japan.

Bachman, a Canadian musician and founding member of the Guess Who band, vividly recalls spending his Saturdays in the early 1960s standing outside a music store in his hometown of Winnipeg, Manitoba.

He would gaze longingly, sometimes for more than an hour, at the pumpkin-orange guitar that sat in the store window display. It was a 1957 Gretsch 6120 — the same rare model famously played by three of Bachman’s greatest idols, Chet Atkins, Duane Eddy and Eddie Cochran.

Reactions: RT

ekim68

Mike

ekim68

Mike

Digital whammy bar adds epic dives and shimmers to almost any guitar

Back in 2016, Australian startup Fomofx launched a digital whammy bar called the Virtual Jeff that could be mounted to just about any guitar, without having to modify the host instrument. Now the novel vibrato arm has gone Pro.

As before, the Pro doesn't involve breaking out the power tools to permanently modify the body, doesn't alter the string tension in any way (so no tuning nightmares), and it's made up of two main components.

wammy.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online