1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Playing in Photoshop

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Gabriel, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gabriel

Gabriel Account Closed Thread Starter

Hi, Is there a way I can make my images look like the edges are burned, like paper edges that are burned and fuzzy and slightly uneven, and that the darkness bleeds a little into the photo...I am trying to make them look very old and seared.......I have Photoshop 7 and Photoshop Imaging...any suggestions appreciated

2. 911

I have never done this, but my Photoshop (5.5) Help says this about edge effects:

When you apply an effect to only a selected part of an image, you can use various techniques to blend the effect into the original image.
    For a distinct edge, apply the filter effect as is, to contrast it with the rest of the image. For a soft edge, feather the edge and then apply a filter.

I'm not too sure what it means, but maybe it's a start. ---911

3. uly7

uly7

I tried this, but it does not look vey good. Maybe you may have to scan a burn paper, then use it on top of your picture, cut the part that you don't need, and it may work.
    Good luck
    Uly7

Attached Files:

• burn.jpg
      burn.jpg
      File size:
      64.5 KB
      Views:
  4. uly7

uly7

5. Gabriel

Thanks to all....will try the technique, and the link

6. buck52

buck52 Banned

7. buck52

buck52 Banned

Hi again

Just gave it a quick try...With a little practice seems like the tutorial on that link would work quite well...

buck

Attached Files:

8. Starlooker

Starlooker

Try this Photoshop action found at Adobe Studio exchange, photoshop actions, image effects

Z(burnt edges) by Ali Zuhar

Attached Files:

9. Gabriel

Buck52 and Starlooker, Thanks for the info...those are both worth looking into

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323377

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice