playing movies on PC

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ahhoe

I have erealplayer and windows media player installed on my xp pro machine. I downloaded some movies. But they cannot be opened. Its either that there's no sound or there's no picture or both. But the timer is still moving. I tried downloading dixv pro. But still the same problem. I am sure my system have not hang. Any cure for this?
:(

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
It would help a great deal to know what format the movies are in.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
If they're truly AVI format, I'd question how they were encoded, it may not be a problem on your end. have you taken them to another machine and tried them?

How were these movies created? By chance with a Logitch Clicksmart 510?

I found a couple of good fixes for movies that wouldnt play in media player, even though I had divx installed. One is called "Avi Preview" and the other is "VLC". Doing a search on Google will easily put you in contact with both of these neat programs. They both also preview downloads, for example if you are downloading a movie, you can see what movie it is before you waste a bunch of time downloading a misnamed file. Hope this helps :)

marcg

download BSPlayer from here:http://www.bsplayer.org/
open up the player right click and find the player options/preferences.......under "asscociated extentions" check all the video formats and it should play more or less all formats.

good luck;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online