1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

playing movies on PC

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ahhoe, Jun 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ahhoe

ahhoe Thread Starter

I have erealplayer and windows media player installed on my xp pro machine. I downloaded some movies. But they cannot be opened. Its either that there's no sound or there's no picture or both. But the timer is still moving. I tried downloading dixv pro. But still the same problem. I am sure my system have not hang. Any cure for this?
    :(

2. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

3. ahhoe

ahhoe Thread Starter

it cannot work. even those files that i can play on media player also cannot be played after the nimo codec pack is installed. I have to uninstall the nimo thing to gert the media player files to play again. The problem is still there.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

It would help a great deal to know what format the movies are in.

5. ahhoe

ahhoe Thread Starter

they are avi video

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If they're truly AVI format, I'd question how they were encoded, it may not be a problem on your end. have you taken them to another machine and tried them?

7. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

8. Ash_11

Ash_11

How were these movies created? By chance with a Logitch Clicksmart 510?

9. marcg

marcg

I found a couple of good fixes for movies that wouldnt play in media player, even though I had divx installed. One is called "Avi Preview" and the other is "VLC". Doing a search on Google will easily put you in contact with both of these neat programs. They both also preview downloads, for example if you are downloading a movie, you can see what movie it is before you waste a bunch of time downloading a misnamed file. Hope this helps :)

marcg

10. $teve

$teve

download BSPlayer from here:http://www.bsplayer.org/
    open up the player right click and find the player options/preferences.......under "asscociated extentions" check all the video formats and it should play more or less all formats.

good luck;)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/139936

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice