playing mp3 samples from websites

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jojodwolf

I go to a legal site that has mp3 samples... when I click on one it opens a new
page and say's page cannot be displayed.. I have a new pc, and I do have
media player set to play mp3's. I believe on my old pc the same thing
happened until I changed a setting. In IE6 settings I do have play
multimedia checked and allow active content... when I click on the link
media player should open and play, it does on my older pc ??? If I copy the
shortcut and paste it into media player that works, so I know the link is
good. So what am I missing ? I also tried a link on one of my sites that plays wmv files, also associated with media player and I have the same problem
Joel

jojodwolf

it's a registered site... but there just simple mp3 samples, and I can open them on my other pc no problem.. and actually I installed Nero today and accidentally let it become the default mp3 player, so when I went back to my site it worked with that progtam, but I want media player to be the default... somewhere there's a setting ???

jojodwolf

hmmm.. after I set media player back to default player it now works on those links... well let's see if it sticks... I will reboot after this message and try again, If I don't post again, for now it works fine ...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online