1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

playing mp3 samples from websites

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by jojodwolf, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jojodwolf

jojodwolf Thread Starter

I go to a legal site that has mp3 samples... when I click on one it opens a new
    page and say's page cannot be displayed.. I have a new pc, and I do have
    media player set to play mp3's. I believe on my old pc the same thing
    happened until I changed a setting. In IE6 settings I do have play
    multimedia checked and allow active content... when I click on the link
    media player should open and play, it does on my older pc ??? If I copy the
    shortcut and paste it into media player that works, so I know the link is
    good. So what am I missing ? I also tried a link on one of my sites that plays wmv files, also associated with media player and I have the same problem
    Joel

2. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Post the links.

3. jojodwolf

jojodwolf Thread Starter

it's a registered site... but there just simple mp3 samples, and I can open them on my other pc no problem.. and actually I installed Nero today and accidentally let it become the default mp3 player, so when I went back to my site it worked with that progtam, but I want media player to be the default... somewhere there's a setting ???

4. jojodwolf

jojodwolf Thread Starter

hmmm.. after I set media player back to default player it now works on those links... well let's see if it sticks... I will reboot after this message and try again, If I don't post again, for now it works fine ...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/534452

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice