1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Playing Playstation2 on Big Screen TV

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by hamster, Dec 20, 2001.

Unmark Solved
Advertisement
  1. hamster

hamster Guest Thread Starter

I would loooooooooove to play my playstation 2 on my 60 inch tv but I'm very very scared it would blow up or something.

I know we can't play video games on big screens (especially rears)...

People tell me that I can play it as long as I don't freeze the game but still I get concerned.

There seems to be a lot of bright people on this board so I'm asking for advice!! Is there something I can buy that can stablize it so I can play it on my big screen tv.... I'll be the happiest hamster around!!

2. Lurker1

Lurker1

Hi hamster

I used to play an ATARII on a big screen TV so I see no reason you couldn't use your playstation on a big screen TV. Just try it.

3. littlemar

littlemar

Lurker1 - I never pictured you as the grinch. Are you trying to tell us something?:D

4. Rikku

Rikku

It burn in that people are worried about with the big screen tvs, but as long as you don't play the same game 24 hours a day, I think it should be ok. Just give your tv a rest once in awhile and don't play all the time.

although if you just got Final Fantasy X, I don't blame you for wanting to play 24/7 :D

5. Lurker1

Lurker1

You won't get burn in as long as the picture keeps changing. I don't think that todays monitors have burn in problems anymore.

Rikku

So how is the game? I have never played any FF games. Saw the movie and thought good graphics, bad plot.

littlemar

You don't remember the Grinch LURKING up in his cave? Then getting ALL the presents and toys :D

6. Rikku

Rikku

Its really very fun :) I played it most of yesterday and was very happy with it. The graphics are just so very nice.

i'm so happy they finally decided to go with a 3d environment instead of the static ones they had been using previously (even though they were very beautiful!)

And the voice acting isn't very annoying either - its actually sort of cute ;)

And rikku, well she's the cutest one of them all :D

7. cjreed64

cjreed64

hamster,

As stated above: It takes a long time for a screen to suffer burn in. It also has to be a projection television and part of the image has to stay the same. (i.e. a health meter that never moves)

If you get yourself some component video cables playing PS2 on a big-screen HDTV you will be a very happy man.

-Chris (the GameCube fan)

8. JewisHeritage

JewisHeritage

Rikku:D NO WAY:D No wonder Lurker1 is lurking all over every post you make!

So can you get Tech Guy Members a "Discount" or let Mike sell it in the Tech Guy Store with your autograph ..... I know Lurker, you don't want her autograph ..... :)

9. Nix

Nix

I don't have PS2, but do have PS1 and I'm sure that most games come with a warning not to play them on rear projection tv.

Is this for a reason or just to cover Sony's behind when you screen gets burn out ?

P.S. My wife used to work for a movie company and at her work they had a theatrette for previewing movies to the press etc.

One year they had a staff do and they hooked a playstaion up to project onto this huge theatre screen.............that was good.

10. Lurker1

Lurker1

Rikku

"Rikku NO WAY No wonder Lurker1 is lurking all over every post you make! "

I think JewisHeritage saw your picture. ;)

11. cjreed64

cjreed64

If only it wasn't CGI! ;)

12. cjreed64

cjreed64

I think the reason is justified. Too much playing and the image <b>will</b> burn in. That was the way old computer monitors were. (hence the screensavers) I have a friend who plays PS2 on a big-screen HDTV. He just gives the TV a break every few hours. (ie turn it off for 15 minutes every 2 hours) He has never had any trouble.

-Chris

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62378

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice