1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Playing Vcr's On Apex Ad-500 Dvd Player

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RPT, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RPT

RPT Thread Starter

I have a "type 2" APEX AD-500 no-letter DVD Player (draw Below, C-CUBE precessor, does NOT have the SLOW/STEP buttons on the remote). Notwithstanding the users manual, I have been unable to play any VCD's burned onto CD-R's. I've been reading mixed reports about whether my version of the AD-500 will play them. Doeds anyone out there know for sure? If the answer is yes, are there any specific issues I should be aware of?

Thx.

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers.php?DVDname=Apex+ad-500&Submit=Search&Search=Search

All reports on the player say it supports VCD. As far as specific issues, I have a AD-660 and I don't use it anymore. The player works, but on a lot of disk the picture suffers bad degradation and pixilization when playing VCD's and SVCD's. I have found a far better solution is to use a PC that has TV out on it's video card. Add in a TV tuner to the box and a good remote control system and you get a multiformat playing tivo system to boot.

3. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

What application are you useing to burn the VCD's, are you useing standard format?

4. RPT

RPT Thread Starter

I started with mpeg files, and I've tried both Roxio and Nero.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170446

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice