1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PlayMovies Sony Software error

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by bhave, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhave

bhave Thread Starter

I have got this Sony HDR-XR150E camera with built in Hard drive for Video storage.
    When I need to create a DVD of the movies I record I use Play Memories Software supplied by Sony for my Windows 7 PC.
    My PC is relatively new 4 month old Windows 7 and has a LG DVD burner.
    I could successfully burn the DVD's of videos from my Camera until last night.
    Suddenly I am having problem, i.e I am geting following error
    "Cannot write to this Disk"
    Insert a recordable Disk.
    This message comes no matter what brand of blank DVD I insert. I tried three different brands of DVD blank media. Same error.
    If I use Windows Movie Maker I can get the Video from the Camera and burn a DVD using same PC and DVD burner. Which tells me that the DVD burner is workig OK, I Could successfully burn a CD with photos as well.
    I am stuck with this error.
    The Windows Movie Maker DVD is no good to me as it did not play on my Panasonic DVD player.

Any help will be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,
    Ravi

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!