Please Advice - Windows 7 or 10?

amalsk

I'm surprised you were able to remove the HDD containing Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit and then install a HDD containing Windows 7 Home Basic SP1 64-bit and that your laptop was able to load the operating system and show it as activated.

If you plan to do a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit in the SSD, the 25-character product key on the C-O-A sticker on your laptop's case should be able to activate it.
If it doesn't, you will need to call Microsoft and explain the problem and have someone there walk you through the activation process.

-------------------------------------------------
Well, I'm not sure that we can't do that? I mean I never knew it would work, but it somehow did - Home basic is what I'm on now. I haven't updated the Windows since 2017, and I don't believe my cousin did either. Might've been that.

Also, would these work if I ever was to get Windows 10 on my SSD? The drivers for my graphics - https://www.amd.com/en/support/grap...on-hd-5000-series/ati-mobility-radeon-hd-5470

Thanks again :)

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I think you're going to fight a losing battle with using Windows 10 in your laptop.

I have no way of knowing if those graphics drivers will work.

amalsk

I think you're going to fight a losing battle with using Windows 10 in your laptop.

I have no way of knowing if those graphics drivers will work.

Well, let's hope for the best and go on with it, I have no other option :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online