1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please advise

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by daxdew, Aug 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. daxdew

daxdew Thread Starter

hello! this is a good way of helping out people.
    2 days back i had downloaded ANTITRACER and SPY DOCTOR due to which my Norton Antivirus couldnt upload the liveupdate, i have resolved the problem by downoading the lusetup and its working alright now, but the new problem which i just realised is that my speakers are not working.
    I have tried palying movie and music on my pc it runs but there is no sound output. Please advise how to resolve this problem.

Dax

2. winbob

winbob

DAX,

First check the obvious...see if the volume control is muted or turned down. Also if the speakers are externally powered, make sure that you haven't accidently disconnected the power source.

3. ramaswamyps

ramaswamyps

if you have more than one player any one of them may be holding the volume to zero
    run all of them one by one and keep volume setting to max.
    check basic audio setup ymasgr may help to see if ur audio is working or not
    spy ware repair may also can cause new problems in setup.
    ur default player may have changed or file association gone.
    its worth checking the audio setup including driver working still or not
    control panel may help.
    do u get start up audio on boot?
    all the best

4. daxdew

daxdew Thread Starter

hey! guys thanks, my pc is back to normal and every thing just looks fine.

IF YOU PEOPLE CAN HELP ME MORE.
    i use to download movies from Ares which has P2P, but my cable operators have asked me to stop using P2P as its Jams their network, advise me with some solution that i can use P2P application and the network dosent get Jam and we both are happy.

5. kronus

kronus

Nobody here will help you with p2p software.

6. daxdew

daxdew Thread Starter

Thanks for ans the call, ill try to figure out

Dax

7. kronus

kronus

I just read a news article about p2p in Canada. Some judge out there feels it is not illegal to share files such as music that somehow copyright does not extend to files on your computer. It's something odd like I'm allowed to have the file on my computer. I'm allowed to make it available. I can't give it to you, but you can take it. Ah, it's a debate for another forum though.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/264581

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice