Please advise.....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

agent2x4

I get script errors while surfing, even with java JIT box checked in the internet options / advanced java VM section. Should I check all the java boxes, or am I barking up the wrong tree entirely?

P3 700 mhz
win 98 se
ie 5.5

Thanks in advance!

Bob

[This message has been edited by agent2x4 (edited 03-01-2001).]

Go back into internet options--advanced tab and uncheck the box for "display a notification about every script error" and then click ok. Now see if you still get the error messages popping up.

Bryan

Bryan
And to add to this the only option you want select under InternetOptions>Advanced, in "Microsoft VM" section is "JIT Compiler for VM enabled". The other two are of no use to you unless your a programmer debugging a Java program and really should not be selected.

Let us know what happens.

[This message has been edited by bhesson (edited 03-02-2001).]

agent2x4

Unchecked it.....no errors noted for some time now. Wish I would've noticed that damn box...pretty embarrassing if this fixes it...lol

Thanks once again folks!

agent2x4

well...the script errors are back....any other suggestions?

Thanks!

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Have you tried updating the Microsoft Virtual Machine?

You can download it at the following site. http://www.microsoft.com/java/

let us know if this works or if you have already taken that route.

Or possibly, reinstalling or updating Internet Explorer.

[This message has been edited by EAFiedler (edited 03-03-2001).]

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online