1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PLEASE help!!!!!!!!!!!1

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by islesnook, Oct 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. islesnook

islesnook Thread Starter

Hello,
    I guess im just computer stupid, but, yesterday I tried deleting and disabling startup and services, now when I try to connect to the internet, I can't. My computer is telling me that connections are available, but I cant connect. It doesnt even recognize with I use an ethernet cable from modem to laptop......Please help

2. huggie54

huggie54

try performing a system restore back to a date before you started messing about in services

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

There is no good reason to disable services. NT-based operating systems are service-based and not resources-based. There are virtually unlimited resources. Services that are not performing a task use no CPU, though they do use RAM and low installed RAM is really the only reason any should be disabled. Disabling them, no matter what you read on the internet, will not speed up your system, and may, as you have discovered, result in reduced functionality.

Try to get back to where you were before. Never do anything to a computer that you do not know how to reverse or recover from.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Go to Start - Run - MSCONFIG - OK - "Services" tab.

Make sure that "Hide all Microsoft services" is NOT checked.

Make sure that ALL entries in the list are checked.

After you're done, click Apply - OK - Restart.

Wait for the computer to settle down.

Go to Start - Run - SERVICES.MSC - OK.

If the "Startup Type" of any entry is set on Disabled, double-click it to open its properties window.

Change the setting to Manual, then click Apply - OK.

After you're done with the entire list, restart the computer again.

------------------------------------------------------

You list yourself as a "Beginner", so I'm assuming that you're not very computer knowledgeable.

Before you take the plunge and do something that may trash or crash your computer, come here first.

------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024430

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice