Please help a girl out "error 1"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

melissa24

Hey guys I'm running XP home on a dell dimension 4600. Plugged in a USB audio interface/external sound card and was getting the "error 10" over & over. I uninstalled the usb port & rebooted, it reads the device now but the disk drive won't read the DVD software. I have the Sony cd-r CR216E drive. I've tried updating the software to the sony cd-r & uninstalling it, nothing works. The computer meets all the minimum reqirements for the soundcard(RAM,XP,processor, etc). So why isn't the CD-R drive reading the DVD software? Someone please help. Thanks
-Mel

dustyjay

Jay
You can also go to the Manufacturer website for the USB Sound card and see if they have the drivers available for download.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online