Please Help A Girl Out: XP SP2

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

melissa24

When I upgrade from XP Home SP1 to XP SP2 I can't get past the Windows splash screen. Did clean install still no luck. Can boot in Safe Mode, but that's it. No installation CD, installed from Windows Update. Any suggestions?
-Mel

melissa24

I did a clean install with SP1 CD, then upgraded to SP2 From Windows Update. Only successful boot is in Safe Mode

i see that make more sence now. will it allow you to reinstall the update again? if not then the only thing i can suggest is to clean install again redownload the update to make sure it is not corrupted and try again to see what happens

melissa24

Thanks for responding Grob... I uninstalled & reinstalled SP2 twice. I have also wiped everything clean & did the entire process twice. Still hangs at splash screen. Have run multiple diagnostic & hardware tests, no difference. As far as I know the comp meets all requirements to run SP2. over a gig of RAM and all updated dell drivers (it's a bit dated tho, Dimension 4600).
Thanks again

try going up to sp3
what type of xp is it? as sp3 only works on home/pro other than that there are no new software/hardware requierments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online