Please help a girl out

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MaryWells

I work on another type forum (not computer) and would like to make a word in text blink, but don't know how to do that.

Example:

This tractor is the best "John Deere" that I have ever had!

What I want is to make the phrase "John Deere" flash on and off. Is there a way to do that on a forum when you post? Could you give me some type of CODE to make that happen?

Hugs,

Mary

cwwozniak

Chuck
This should work if the forum allows you to include HTML tags in the post:

Code:
This tractor is the best <FONT Color=FF0000><BLINK>&quot;John Deere&quot;</BLINK></FONT> that I have ever had!

MaryWells

Hello sweetie and thank you so much for the reply.

I could not get it to work, but thanks for the try. If you want to bold something or quote something on my forum,here is how I write it:

This is the [B ] John Deere][/B] tractor. (note: extra space put in so it shows code instead of bolding it.
This is the [quote ]John Deere[/quote] tractor.(note: extra space.......instead of quoting]

Any other suggestions on my first question.

Hugs and Kisses,

Mary

what forum software are you using? does it allow custom bbcode where you can make your own in a control panel?

You could then have <blink>...</blink> html convert into [blink]...[/blink] bbcode

I know <blink> doesn't work in IE6 (haven't tried in 7 or 8) but it does work in Firefox, Opera, Safari... the "real" browsers ;)

I know <blink> doesn't work in IE6 (haven't tried in 7 or 8) but it does work in Firefox, Opera, Safari... the "real" browsers ;)
Doesn't work in IE 8 either.
What forum are you using? If it is phpbb you can use the [blink]{TEXT}[/blink] but it won't show in IE.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hadn't used the BLINK tag for a long time and did not realize it was Netscape/Mozilla specific. I did find some information on using scripting to do get text that will blink in Firefox and IE (at least it works with IE7 on my notebook).

http://www.siteexperts.com/tips/html/ts12/page2.asp

I do like the "/ Before you reuse this script you may want to have your head examined
" warning in the first line.

MaryWells

Thanks for your help guys. I tried it on here even and can't get it to work. Appreciate your answers even if it didn't work for me.

Thanks,

Mary

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online