1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please help!!?? Accidentally deleted..

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by tactfulness1, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tactfulness1

tactfulness1 Thread Starter

Im sorry but i really need help with an issue! So last night i was goin through my cpu and gettin rid of unused files , apps etc when i came across the option to uninstall my soundmax it had a vuze icon so I thought it was for vuze:eek: and since i dont watch video there i felt i should just uninstall. but low and behold as soon as i did that im screwed because i have no clue how to get it back so please if you can give me pointers on how to re install my sounds thanks in advance guys!(y) yes i went to dell and got the driver updates and reinstalls and it seems because im running vista that everything offered is either out of date or not supported??!!..:eek: o yea by the way my cpu is a desktop dell dimension 4700 with ultimate vista as my os ser. tag B350271

2. eralper

eralper

Hello,
    I used Staller Phonex and such other third party tools to recover such deleted files.
    You can try and see how much you can safe.

But if you are using Vista please read How to enable Previous Versions for an advanced solution. At least after now you can take the safety of your valuable files easily with this method.

3. waggy19

waggy19

Hi,
    I would try automatically update the drivers,

Click Start and in the Start Search bar at the bottom, type "devmgmt.msc" Without quotations, If you see any Yellow question marks/Exclamation points on the drivers, right click them and click on update. If the drivers are generic you should be in action, If not you may need to contact Dell Customer Support,

Waggy

4. tactfulness1

tactfulness1 Thread Starter

thanks for the feedback guys!! the vista sytem restore helped!!!! yess thanks guys your awesome

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

You can mark your thread "solved" using the button at the top of the page.

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    tactfulness1:

Here is the support site that's specific only to your Dell Dimension 4700 desktop. If you haven't already done it, I strongly suggest that you add or save this site to your browser favorites/bookmarks list so you can refer to it when needed.

It appears that desktop came with Windows XP pre-installed. Since you're now using Windows Vista, I hope you've increased the amount of RAM from its original amount of 512 MB to at least 2048 MB(2 GB).

http://www.memoryx.net/dedi47me.html

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=Dimension 4700 Series

http://www.memorystock.com/memory/DellDimension4700.html

----------------------------------------------------------------

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!