1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

please help affecting my business

Discussion in 'Networking' started by bookkeeper, May 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bookkeeper

bookkeeper Thread Starter

Just dropped embarq internet and now get internet through a verizon hotspot (love the speed). But I have a major networking problem. I have been told that i have to still connect my printer to my computer through my linksys E2000 router so I now have 2 networks on my computer. I run a business from home and trying to switch from one network to another one to print and one to search the web and send e-mails is a real pain in my [email protected]@. Can someone please tell me how this problem can be fixed I can now go on like this. thanks in advance.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Do you connect to the Verizon hotspot via Wi-Fi? If so, you can simultaneously connect to the router by ethernet or by another wireless adapter.

Most printers these days can connect by USB to a computer. That is not the case with your printer? What's the brand and model?

3. bookkeeper

bookkeeper Thread Starter

My printer is a Kodak 6150. I do not want to connect it with wires. I want to find a way to be able to connect the printer to my computer wirelessly, but from what I have been told I have to make sure it is on the same network as my internet hotspot. If it is not printing and surfing the web can not be done at the same time.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    The Verizon hotspot is a router to which you connect by Wi-Fi, correct? If so, you can also connect the printer to it or you can use another wireless adapter with your computer to connect to the other router (or maybe directly to the printer via ad-hoc wireless).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/998258

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice