1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please help am confuse

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Abudoganae, Dec 8, 2018 at 3:29 AM.

1. Abudoganae

Abudoganae Thread Starter

Hi there .
    After i have changed my windows from 10 to 8.1 and 7 some of it's features stoped like the touchpad and wifi and the graphics card .
    I try alot to download drivers for them and nothing happened .
    So i change my O.S to linux and every thing is working very good .

What do you think the problem Is
    And also ineed to know a way to figure a solution to it ???
    Thanks in advance

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

The answer to your question lies in your own post: drivers. It looks as if you either didn't download the correct drivers, or there weren't any available in Win 7. Generally, if it'll work on 10, it should work on 8.1

Remember: Linux is a different OS entirely, and clearly there were drivers available in the repository for the hardware in question.

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, no one has any idea what parts you are running. I assume this is a laptop since you reference a touchpad. Post the exact brand, model# and service tag#
    Next did you check the support page to see if there were drivers for win7? If win7 drivers were not listed on the support page, you are wasting your time.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!