1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

please help an oldman

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vuphat, Jan 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vuphat

vuphat Thread Starter

Dear sir or madame! I have old PC:
    Intel(R)Pentium(R)4CPU 3.00GHz Intall memory(RAM) 1.ooGB System type:32 bit operation System. No Pen or touch Input is available for this display. 149GB free of 186GB
    With my appreciation your kindness,please tell me :
    - How much Ram can I add on and what kind of Ram is that Can I buy “1GB DDR PC2700 Unbuffered NON-ECC 2.5V 128Meg x 64” and plug it in .Many Thanks for your help
    - “[email protected]”. 2nd question is :I do have brand new gateway all in one window 8.1.Can I transfer all program from gateway to the old one in order to mkae it become desktop with window 8.1(the old PC still have too much free space???)I appreciate for your kindly respond and your respond ."[email protected]"

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Before we can tell you how much ram you can install, you need to tell use the exact make and model ie hp xxx123 or whatever. Since you have a 32bit os, the very most ram you can use is 4gig. Installing more than that amount would be a waste.
    No, for a number of reasons. First of all, oem type windows lic are tied to the original hardware ie you cannot move an oem type windows install to another system. Next that old of a desktop is not going to run win8 in any case.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141260

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice