1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Please Help! Anti-Vermin

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by ZORA, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZORA

ZORA Thread Starter

Am not very familiar with this whole computer thing. I have ran cleaners and anti-spywares from help through windows security on my computer, but I still have this annoying thing that is aggravating me in my task bar! Windows secruity keeps telling me they cant find any viruses and that my system is running normal. I dont call this annoyounce normal!

Keeps telling me I need to order anti-vermin and that it keeps finding spyware that keeps clogging my system. I have deleted all anti-vermin programs that I know of.

It also keeps throwing up this alert saying like 27% infected files or 17% private information gathered blah blah blah and everytime I click on it it directs me to that darn anti-vermin website!

Can anyone help me by explaining alittle more to my non computer level how I can get rid of this? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

2. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Hi,
    You'll probably be asked to post a HijackThis log, so perhaps read up about it in the meantime. However wait for advice from here and don't download/install anything until you are guided by someone more experienced than me. You'll get great, safe guidance.

Richard.

3. TOGG

TOGG

According to the latest edition of the Windows Secrets Newsletter, the free scan on Webroot's home page deals with AntiVermins. Scroll down to the first article about 'adware running amok'; http://WindowsSecrets.com/comp/070118

Webroot homepage here; http://www.webroot.com/ (see free scan at lower left corner of page). I have no idea if this actually works.

If you already have Spybot that might also do the trick but, however you remove it, you may have to deal with anything that might be lurking in System Restore, as mentioned in Windows Secrets.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536541

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice